The August Wilson Red Door Project is currently hiring!
The Red Door Project is seeking to hire an Administrative Assistant to assist in the smooth operations of our small office and provide direct administrative support for our leadership team.
The mission of The Red Door Project is to change racial ecology through the arts. We envision a Portland where people from diverse racial backgrounds and experiences live, work, play, and create together, and all people have the confidence, capacity, and opportunity to fulfill their highest human potential.
We are a non-profit and non-traditional theater company, and we’re seeking someone who is up for the challenge of helping to keep us organized and focused as we continue to expand and grow.
This is a full-time, salaried position eligible for company benefits, including health insurance.
Location: The Red Door offices are at 3121 SW Moody Ave in Portland. There is an opportunity to occasionally work remotely after 90 days.
To apply: Please send resume, 3 references, and cover letter to: email@example.com
We aim to fill this role by January 20th, 2020. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- Communications – emails, phones, scheduling, meeting agendas…
- Documentation – meeting notes, records management, data entry…
- Coordination – schedules, meetings, office needs, equipment repair, IT and technology basics…
- Team Player – attend and help with event promotion, support and follow-up. Assist other employees with occasional administrative needs.
- Collaborate – with the Director in developing administrative processes to ensure operational efficiencies.
- And more…
- Administrative office experience – 1 year minimum
- Demonstrated experience in a high volume, production-oriented environment.
- Excellent skills in planning and prioritizing complex tasks with conflicting demands and deadlines, frequent interruptions, and changing priorities.
- Sound decision-making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills, including empathy and ability to give and receive feedback.
- Meticulous organizational skills and demonstrated ability to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with complex and sensitive data and to maintain confidentiality, discretion, personal integrity, and superior ethics.
- Excellent technology and internet skills.
About the Red Door Project – Our Values
Take a non-binary systems approach.
In life, there are no good guys and no bad guys. There are only systems within which individuals’ function, and understanding this complexity without judgment is the best approach to progress.
Be contextually authentic.
We honor where people are and seek congruence among their thoughts, words, and actions. Candor helps us maximize our limited time together. Different contexts call for different behaviors (you wouldn’t behave the same around your spouse, your grandmother, and the president) but we ask you to bring the beautiful specifics of your experience to every day at the Red Door.
We don’t have all the answers. Neither do you. Be curious about conflict, about systems, about improvements, about yourself, your co-workers, and the organization.
Nothing has ever grown without taking a risk. You must step into the unknown in order to expand your awareness and to learn about boundaries and possibilities. There’s no failure, only feedback, which empowers us to adopt corrective measures and redouble our efforts to strive for an outcome.
Take ownership of your work. To paraphrase August Wilson, success is heavy. You got to put your shoulder to success. Sometimes that means taking a project into your own hands and making sure that it is completed. Sometimes that means asking for help when you need it. Be aware of what you need to be successful and pursue that.
The person with the most flexibility will have more choices and therefore have the most influence.
The Red Door Project is actively recruiting persons from various ethnic and cultural backgrounds as part of its commitment to a diverse workforce. The Red Door does not discriminate in employment or contracting based on race, color, religion, gender, or national origin. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to age, marital status, sexual orientation, or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap. This policy applies to all employment and contracting practices, including recruitment, selection, training and development, advancement, demotion, and separation.