The Red Door Project is currently hiring!
Digital Office Administrative Assistant
The Red Door Project is seeking to hire a part-time Digital Office Admin to assist in the smooth operations of our growing organization and provide direct administrative support for our team. As a small performance-based nonprofit organization, COVID changed everything for us. We are excited to take this opportunity to translate our live performance program, The Evolve Experience, into a digital workshop. In this new environment we have found a need for increased internal IT expertise, leading to the creation of this new position.
The mission of The Red Door Project is to change racial ecology through the arts. We envision a society where people from diverse racial backgrounds and experiences live, work, play, and create together, and all people have the confidence, capacity, and opportunity to fulfill their highest human potential.
We are seeking someone who is up for the challenge of helping to keep us organized and focused as we continue to expand and grow in the digital landscape. We encourage you to learn more about us at https://reddoorproject.org/
- Our ideal candidate will be deft with digital communications, easily managing a high volume of emails, routing calls through Zoom phone, taking concise meeting notes, and assisting in the creation of social media content.
- IT Support
- The tech skills of our current staff vary, and we are seeking someone for whom managing Zoom scheduling and settings is a breeze. You will be expected to provide basic ongoing maintenance to our WordPress website, keep us organized via Google Suite, and communicate via Slack.
- As the Digital Office Admin, you will be trained to run the tech for our online events, and also help with promotion, support and follow-up. You will be an integral part of establishing the online Evolve Experience workshop!
- Admin support
- A small, but prolific, staff requires a variety of other administrative support, including things like ordering supplies, processing invoices, and some data entry.
- Administrative office experience – 1 year minimum
- Demonstrated experience in a high volume office environment
- Excellent technology and internet skills
- Meticulous organizational skills and ability to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent skills in planning and prioritizing complex tasks with conflicting demands and deadlines, frequent interruptions, and changing priorities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of and alignment with the Red Door Project’s mission and programs
- Experience managing company social media a plus
Location: All Red Door staff are working remotely at this time. Our hope is to return to our offices at 3121 SW Moody Ave in Portland, Oregon sometime during 2021. We will prioritize local candidates.
Hours: This is a part-time, hourly position. We expect this position to work roughly 20 hours a week.
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com with the subject line “Digital Office Admin Position – Your Full Name”
We aim to fill this role by November 13th, 2020. We will begin reviewing applicants on November 2, and will continue until the position is filled.
About the Red Door Project – Our Values
Take a non-binary systems approach.
In life, there are no good guys and no bad guys. There are only systems within which individuals’ function, and understanding this complexity without judgment is the best approach to progress.
Be contextually authentic.
We honor where people are and seek congruence among their thoughts, words, and actions. Candor helps us maximize our limited time together. Different contexts call for different behaviors (you wouldn’t behave the same around your spouse, your grandmother, and the president) but we ask you to bring the beautiful specifics of your experience to every day at the Red Door.
We don’t have all the answers. Neither do you. Be curious about conflict, about systems, about improvements, about yourself, your co-workers, and the organization.
Nothing has ever grown without taking a risk. You must step into the unknown in order to expand your awareness and to learn about boundaries and possibilities. There’s no failure, only feedback, which empowers us to adopt corrective measures and redouble our efforts to strive for an outcome.
Take ownership of your work. To paraphrase August Wilson, success is heavy. You got to put your shoulder to success. Sometimes that means taking a project into your own hands and making sure that it is completed. Sometimes that means asking for help when you need it. Be aware of what you need to be successful and pursue that.
The person with the most flexibility will have more choices and therefore have the most influence.
The Red Door Project is actively recruiting persons from various ethnic and cultural backgrounds as part of its commitment to a diverse workforce. The Red Door does not discriminate in employment or contracting based on race, color, religion, gender, or national origin. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to age, marital status, sexual orientation, or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap. This policy applies to all employment and contracting practices, including recruitment, selection, training and development, advancement, demotion, and separation.